2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 5:01 AM by bleearg13

Weird problem - Alerts not resetting

bleearg13

Ever since my upgrade of VMAN and VIM to version 7, none of the alerts I have that are configured to reset after 'X' amount of time or 'reset immediately'. will actually reset. For instance, the 'Alert me when a node reboots' is configured to reset immediately, but ever since my last upgrade, these alerts never reset and stay active in the Active Alerts forever, until I clear them or acknowledge them. To be clear, these are for any alerts in Orion, not just alerts configured in the virtualization module.

Anyone else experience this before?

• Re: Weird problem - Alerts not resetting
          orioncrack

Any critical/error level events in event viewer for Solar objects?

• Re: Weird problem - Alerts not resetting
              bleearg13

Not that I can tell. There's a lot of Errors for Netpath that look like this, but I wouldn't think they have anything to do with general alerts:

ErrorCode: NetPath_20022

Message: Exception in processing detail response for IP 77.67.127.255: An item with the same key has already been added.. Elapsed time: 1209 ms

Exception: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at SolarWinds.NetPath.Bgp.WhoisSources.RipeWhoisSource.GetPocHandleWithObject(List`1 pocIdList, IReadOnlyCollection`1 allObjects)

at SolarWinds.NetPath.Bgp.WhoisSources.RipeWhoisSource.GetTechAdminPocsFromNetwork(ObjectContext object, IReadOnlyCollection`1 allObjects)

at SolarWinds.NetPath.Bgp.WhoisSources.RipeWhoisSource.ParseAutonomousSystem(ObjectContext object, IReadOnlyCollection`1 allObjects)

at SolarWinds.NetPath.Bgp.WhoisSources.WhoisSource.<>c__DisplayClass21_0`1.<Result>b__0()

at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()

at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()

at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()

at SolarWinds.NetPath.Bgp.WhoisSources.WhoisSourceResult`1.get_Result()

at SolarWinds.NetPath.Bgp.Whois.<ResolveHandleAsync>d__12`1.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at SolarWinds.NetPath.Bgp.Whois.<ResolveAsync>d__9.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at SolarWinds.NetPath.Bgp.LocalManager.ExternalResolverClientPublic.<ResolveAsync>d__16`1.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)

at SolarWinds.NetPath.Bgp.LocalManager.ExternalResolverClientPublic.<QueryAllAsync>d__13.MoveNext()

at SolarWinds.NetPath.Bgp.LocalManager.LocalBgpManager.<ProcessDetailResponseAsync>d__53.MoveNext()