4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2016 11:44 AM by kellytice

Keyword Auto Assign tickets

chaschu763

Is there a way to setup Auto Assigning tickets to assign based off of keywords? For example. If someone wants a distribution list setup and they send an email and the subject is "Please create the following Distribution list" can I have it auto create a ticket and assign to request type "Distribution list" Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Chad

• Re: Keyword Auto Assign tickets
          kellytice

You can set up an Action Rule (Setup -> Processes -> Action Rules) to do that.

Using your example above, when you create a new Action Rule you'll likely want it like this:

• 1st tab (action rule info):   Give it a name like "Distribution List tickets" and select the option at the bottom to check it "on all ticket updates" and "only at ticket creation"
          • 2nd tab (criteria):   choose "Subject" from the first dropdown and "Contains" from the second dropdown.  In the box at the right put it the text string you want to key off of.  That could be Distribution List  (<--that one might be too generic!), or Please Create the following Distribution List or DL-CREATE or whatever text string you want to look for in the subject.
          • 3rd tab (actions):   choose "Modify Ticket" then click the "Edit" button and set the Request Type to "Distribution List" (or whatever Request Type you want to get the ticket)
            chaschu763

Any other suggestions? I still seem to have all my tickets come in as "unassigned" request type which is configured under my incoming email setting but I would like the action rule to take over and put the ticket in with request type of "distribution list"

Thanks

Chad

kellytice

can you post some screenshots of the 3 tabs of the action rule you created?