1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2017 2:35 PM by b1b3tt3r

Trying to create a dashboard in power BI using data from WHD tables

does anyone know if there are any other tables other than the tables in WHD? what about the ability to create a dashboard in Solarwinds Web Help Desk? There are so many reports, and I was looking to extract information from some of the reports to see an overview of open, resolved, closed, and maybe unresolved. then drill down to see departments and\or locations.

• Re: Trying to create a dashboard in power BI using data from WHD tables

I was able to accomplish this using some custom properties, and Power BI.

The challenge comes when trying to integrate it back into Solar-winds as part of the dashboard.

It follow the usual pivot rules.

Create the connection to your Orion Database and connect to:

1. Nodes Table
          2. Interfaces
          3. DailyNodeAvailability
          4. Interfaces
          5. InterfaceAvailability_Daily
          6. InterfaceAvailability

It should learn the associations by NodeID if not , create the connections.

The map is from BING, and based on a list that I created with all the Lat/Long details provided.

PowerBI -Orion .JPG

In my operational version I add site contact, and other specifics to help in trouble shooting.

I am playing around with pulling the Group and or Node url's so i can launch directly to Orion from the Dashboard.

I hope this helps some one.