This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

correlation rule for windows login

Dear Friends,

I just want to create a rule for windows domain controller login attempt.

if three failed attempts from same machine and then passed logon attempt from same machine, should alert a rule.

Please help..

• Hey,

I've attached a rule which meets your use case (kudos to curtisi​ for the rule). You can import it into your existing rule set & edit if required.

Any questions let me know.

• Thanks Jhynds/curtisi. ...Actually I tried but its not firing any rule. I would request if could you explain this rule first? actually I tried to minimize the time window.response window by 1 minute , just for testing and in action I removed the email action because I don't have mail server just want to see this rule alert in console so added incident alert..

• Can you share a printscreen with us of what you've set up in the rule conditions?

I would suggest first thing first -> create a filter with the exact same conditions that you have in your rule, then see....what events are appearing in that filter? It could be that it's not the right condition mix. But actively seeing it in a filter (where youll see events coming in real time) will help see what events those conditions catch.