This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

No Response from the SRM Service Engine

Hi All

When adding a SMI-S provider via add storage device i get the following error

"There was no response from the SRM Service Engine located at "servername:17777"

The server is an additional poller installed in another site.  If i was to use the main poller i get no errors.

Windows firewall disabled on both pollers and no traffic being blocked between them via hardware firewall.

Have done a repair install on additional poller and has not helped.

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

• Have you consulted your case with our support?

Jiri

• I know it has been two years since you had the SRM Service Engine issue, but I'm having the same issue and Solarwinds support has been zero help up to this point. Did you ever get this resolved? If so, what was the solution? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Matt

• Definitely can't speak for everyone but for us it was as simple as supplying a hosts file entry because orion will not use any kind of internal routing for SRM and appears to only use DNS.

So if our primary poller is on monitor01 10.0.1.1 and our additional is on monitor02 10.0.2.1 and they are in separate domains, if dns resolution is already supplied across the domains then you'll need to modify your host entry on monitor01 to include monitor02's IP & hostname.