0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 9:30 AM by ryan.kahn

The server 'outlook.fda.gov' returned a 401 status, indicating the provided username/password is not authorized to access the Exchange Web Services site.

ryan.kahn

Over the past few months I have received the below error.  The answers that Thwack users have given is to remove the domain from the "Domain\User Name".  The problem is that I never entered the domain.  Solar Winds has told me the exchange server should be changed to basic or digest authentication.  We use windows authentication and this worked for over a year (plus my organization will not change).  I upgraded to 12.4.1 and every few weeks I get this issue.  It lasts for 1-3 days and then goes away.  Any suggestions?

The server 'outlook.fda.gov' returned a 401 status, indicating the provided username/password is not authorized to access the Exchange Web Services site.

Please see FAQ for troubleshooting tips.

Please send any Exchange-related support questions to exchangesupport@webhelpdesk.info.

javax.mail.MessagingException: Error while attempting to retrieve root folder list.;
         nested exception is:
      com.macsdesign.util.exchange.ews.EwsUtils$EwsException: The server 'outlook.fda.gov' returned a 401 status, indicating the provided username/password is not authorized to access the Exchange Web Services site.

Please see FAQ for troubleshooting tips.

Please send any Exchange-related support questions to exchangesupport@webhelpdesk.info.
        at com.macsdesign.util.exchange.ews.EwsRootFolderProxy.getSubfolderList(EwsRootFolderProxy.java:152)
        at com.macsdesign.util.exchange.ExchangeFolder.list(ExchangeFolder.java:85)
        at com.macsdesign.util.exchange.ExchangeFolder.getFolder(ExchangeFold...