0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2016 11:07 PM by jaywi11@hotmail.com

External linking to Worldmap from sharepoint shows "This content cannot be displayed in a frame"

jaywi11@hotmail.com

When you link the world map frame outside of Solarwinds as we have for an operations team overview, you may get a error message where you expect to see your world map resource.

"This content cannot be displayed in a frame"

This content cannot be displayed in a frame.jpg

We have come across this issue previously when integrating the world map view within sharepoint. This issue existed in earlier versions of NPM. My recent upgrade to NPM 12.01 along with a number of other modules reverted my web.config file to a previous state.

The resolution is listed in the link below from the main Solar Winds web site.

IFrame error after upgrading to NPM 11.5 - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

Excerpt :-

1. Go to C:\\inetpub\Solarwinds on the Orion servers being polled by EOC
      2. Locate and open web.config using a text editor.
      3. Remove the following lines:
        <add name="X-Same-Domain" value="1" />
        <add name="X-Content-Type-Options" value="nosniff" />
        <add name="X-Frame-Options" value="SAMEORIGIN" />
        <add name="X-XSS-Protection" value="1; mode=block" />
      4. Save the file.

N.B. My web.config lives on a different drive, so the file I originally looked at did not have the lines mentioned above. I found the correct location, made a backup of the web.config file. and went through the process above. I also cycled the services through the Orion Service Manager application. Low and behold around a minute later after the restart of all the services, the main web page was back up. I tested the website that linked to the world map and it no longer had the error message, and instead was showing the custom world map view that I was previously accustomed to.