1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 11:59 AM by nanahcub

Error: Monitor for database [] failed to start due to [max allowed monitored database sessions exceeded: 13 > 10]. Will attempt to retry every [60]

nanahcub

I'm trying to restart the DPA monitoring for a SQL Instance and it looks to be hungup. The Log is showing this message:

Monitor for database [my database name] failed to start due to [max allowed monitored database sessions exceeded: 13 > 10]. Will attempt to retry every [60]

This SQL Instance that DPA was monitoring was restarted as an emergency last night and the DPA monitoring for this instance was not stopped. I stopped and restarted the "ignite PI Server" service thinking this might help but to no avail.

Can someone help me out here?

After conversing with DPA Support the below is what was done to resolve this issue.The reason to do the fix this way was because the 10 IgniteMonitor SPIDs were hung-up in a "KILLED/ROLLBACK" state from a previous DPA support recommendation and this production Server nor the SQL instance could not be restarted. I did upgraded to DPA 10.257 which support says will resolve the WMI issues with DPA.

As you recommended as a work around until the SQL instance and Server can be rebooted, I did uncomment and changed the statement in the “C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DPA\iwc\tomcat\ignite_config\idc\ system.properties file from:

#com.confio.idc.database.datasource.maxAllowedSessions=10

to:

1. com.confio.idc.database.datasource.maxAllowedSessions=20

and the DPA monitor is back up and running for this SQL instance.