5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2016 9:14 AM by gurjitdhillon

Discovery problems since upgrade to NPM v12.01

mr.e

We recently upgraded from NPM v12 to v12.01 (withe the Orion Platform 2016.2-Hot Fix 1).  Since the upgrade, we are frequently dealing w/problems discovering as well as re-discovering devices.

For example,

Sometimes, the Network Sonar Discovery (aka NSD) aborts w/an error stating that there was a problem during discovery.  Other times, the NSD finishes but w/the error "Exception occurred during discovery import."

Also, when I do a List Resources on my devices, sometimes it just runs for non stop until I press the Cancel button.  The only workaround then is to use the Change Polling Engine option and then it works. 

I already ran a repair on the Core Services installer for my core and polling engines.  Yet, discovery problems persists.   I consulted w/SW tech support but so far, none of their suggestions have worked. 

If any of your have run into similar issues, I would very much like to hear from you and know what worked for you. 

Thanks. 

• Re: Discovery problems since upgrade to NPM v12.01
          I LIKE EGGS

I have the same problems iv not checked the change polling engine also this is a new NPM 12 install. i checked the orionweb.log and i can see errors with host resourse disabled or Somthing along the lines of that.

I have logged with support and keep my eye on this thread ill let you know if i get any where

cjfranca

Show us log file

Em sábado, 19 de novembro de 2016, i_like_eggs <communityteam@solarwinds.com>

escreveu:

<http://thwack.solarwinds.com>

Discovery problems since upgrade to NPM v12.01

reply from i_like_eggs

<https://thwack.solarwinds.com/people/i_like_eggs?et=watches.email.thread>

in Network Performance Monitor - View the full discussion

<https://thwack.solarwinds.com/message/350090?et=watches.email.thread#350090>

I LIKE EGGS

yup here you go

2016-11-18 14:32:34,695 [15] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Models.Discovery.TypeResolverProxy - Cannot load type SolarWinds.Interfaces.Common.Models.Discovery.DiscoveredInterface,SolarWinds.Interfaces.Common

2016-11-18 14:32:34,695 [15] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Models.Discovery.TypeResolverProxy - Cannot load type SolarWinds.Interfaces.Common.Models.Discovery.DiscoveredAvailabilityPoller,SolarWinds.Interfaces.Common

2016-11-18 14:32:34,695 [15] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Models.Discovery.TypeResolverProxy - Cannot load type SolarWinds.Interfaces.Common.Models.Discovery.DiscoveredTrafficPoller,SolarWinds.Interfaces.Common

2016-11-18 14:32:34,695 [15] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Models.Discovery.TypeResolverProxy - Cannot load type SolarWinds.Interfaces.Common.Models.Discovery.DiscoveredErrorsPoller,SolarWinds.Interfaces.Common

2016-11-18 14:32:34,695 [15] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Models.Discovery.TypeResolverProxy - Cannot load type SolarWinds.DeviceStudio.Common.Models.DiscoveredObjects.DiscoveredDevicePollerNotSupported,SolarWinds.DeviceStudio.Common

2016-11-18 14:32:34,695 [15] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Models.Discovery.TypeResolverProxy - Cannot load type SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Models.Discovery.SelectionType`1[[SolarWinds.Interfaces.Common.Models.Discovery.DiscoveredInterface, SolarWinds.Interfaces.Common, Version=2.0.0.1068, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]],SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Models

2016-11-18 14:32:34,711 [15] ERROR ResourceTree - Unhandled exception occured when getting resource tree.

System.ArgumentException: One of the known types provided to the serializer via 'knownTypes' argument was invalid because it was null. All known types specified must be non-null values.

gurjitdhillon

Facing the same issue, Upgraded NPM to v12.0.1, post upgrade not able to import discovery results, getting error "Exception occurred during discovery import." when trying to import the discovered nodes.