1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 5:52 PM by kellytice

Deleting assets in bulk

lehmanp

3 questions:

1. If we remove a Discovery Connection will it delete/remove the assets?

2. How can I delete assets in bulk? Not just the 100 per-page at a time?

3. If I delete an asset and re-create the Discovery Connection, will it re-import all the assets or will it still see them as dupes? (any asset info left over I guess?)

• Re: Deleting assets in bulk
          kellytice

1. If we remove a Discovery Connection will it delete/remove the assets?

No

2. How can I delete assets in bulk? Not just the 100 per-page at a time?

SHIFT-CLICK the multi-select button (instead of just right-clicking it) - that will select ALL items on ALL pages.   I think it will show as a green checkmark if that is selected successfully.

3. If I delete an asset and re-create the Discovery Connection, will it re-import all the assets or will it still see them as dupes? (any asset info left over I guess?)

If the assets have not been deleted from WHD, it should match them up based on Serial Number and one or more other fields (MAC address/machine name/IP?), so it shouldn't make dupes.

If the assets have been deleted from WHD, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it will recreate them.  Technically they would likely be a new record (the old one will exist in the db still, but with a field set to note that it is 'deleted').

1 of 1 people found this helpful