3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 9:24 AM by mbird

Licenses for APE

paranoiar

Do we need to have additional licenses for Additional Polling engines? As currently i am having 1 main poller and 3 APE but my APE's are showing as down. i have SLX  and DPA License, I think SLX is unlimited license so i can add as many APE as i want.

Anyone please suggest

• Re: Licenses for APE
          mbird

"Unlimited" is not exactly unlimited in this case. If your polling engine is tapped out you will in fact have to purchase the license for an additional one, it's basically a new NPM license. Your APEs could have been in trial mode? I'm not sure without seeing it. On NPM 12.0.1 anyway you can easily manage your licenses by going to the license manager under the admin panel (bottom of the page). Hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              paranoiar

Thanks for the response,

Actually i am facing this issue where my APE are showing as down due to which i am unable to run discovery. I tried to repair the core Orion services as i thought it could be the problem with the installation of the APE's.

The APE's were working fine earlier this month, but now from last week they are showing as down.I also has a chat with the solarwinds support guys, they told me that i will  be needing 3 more licences each for my APE as the    SLX license is only for the main poller.

Looks like your are right mbird , may be my polling engines were in trial mode, thanks for the help.

mbird

Weird that they are saying that--I wasn't privy to the discussion that went on when we modified our license position, but I never heard about the SLX license not being valid for the APEs as each of those already has their own license... as additional pollers they should be tied to the primary where all the licensing should be applied. I'd follow up with them to see if they could clarify that statement about needing three more SLX licenses for the APEs.