This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

create new accesspoints on wireless heat map

Hello,

I've been trying to do some script with the purpose of creating new AP's on a wireless heat map.

Need for doing so is that we need to recreate all AP's in case of getting new ids for existing wlan APs.

Information for coordinates and everything there and also to be used available.

trying to create them with orion sdk 2.0.50:

this is working, but the issue is, that map information of new AP's on map is not being updated.

Invoke-SwisVerb $swis Orion.WirelessHeatMap.MapPoint InsertMapPoint @("130","Orion.WirelessHeatMap.AccessPoints","1091418","361","335")

In SWQL Studio I can see the new AP and it is also in the database, but the map is not regenerated.

Also manually generating map is not working. did i miss something?

thanks a lot for contributing to to help.

KR, Markus

• I’m looking into this and I’ll get back you with more information.

For now I have quick hint that may be helpful:

Wireless heat map is re-generated only once a day by default.

Please see admin guide for more information, chapter “Change the time and frequency for regenerating the map” for more information.

• We did investigation how command InsertMapPoint works.

Unfortunately we found out that this command does not insert points to wireless heat map in consistent way.

The command is part of public API but should not be used by end users.

You can use Network Atlas tool to add map points to wireless heat map.

Currently there is no supported way how to add map point using SWIS API or other bulk tool/process.

One question please:

What do you mean by "we need to recreate all AP's in case of getting new ids for existing wlan APs"?

What is your use case please?

In some cases NPM just update existing APs and it is not necessary to add them into map again.

• Hi Thomas,

This was needed for future things like what happened during our upgrade. After Upgrade from 12.0 to 12.0.1 the existing aps were getting new ids with correct status 1, while the old ones, which had status 1 before, got status 0. As we re having more than 1000 AP's we wanted to map the new ones to the corresponding positions on the maps, as the old ids were still referenced in the maps and got state unknown. Honestly spoken, we were looking for a possibility to remap in bulk without network atlas.