This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Report Writer Customization...

I'm trying to customize our Avg Bandwidth Util report. I want our 6 headends at the top of the report and all other devices below it. I then want all of them listed in descending order by Xmit Percent Util. So far I am unable to get this accomplished. I can either sort it by headend or Xmit Percent Util. Also, it refuses to list the device in descending order even when I select it to. Anyone have any help on how I might be able to do this?

• Other than creating the report with a SQL query and some case statements, I don't think you can do what you want to do in the Report Writer application.  But, why not use the web based reports for this?  It seems like it would work fine.  In web based reports, you can have multiple tables (or other resources) in a single report.  So, you could do one table for your headends and another below it for the rest of your devices.

• I had a feeling that I wasn't going to be able to do that. We used to be able to, until about the beginning of the year when Report Writer seemed to change. I wasn't here at my current employeer at that time, but looking at the reports from then compared to now they are clearly in the format I wish. Researching yesterday, it seems that SW wants to get away from Report Writer and have clients start making custome reports via the web and SQL.