This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to enter new license key?

Hey all,

I recently took on a new position, and at some point they had LEM set up and running.  I would like to get it updated and back up to a manageable status.  At this point, we are on version 5.6, and the license currently on the appliance is expired.  We DO have a current license for the software through the end of 2017, but I'm not sure how to add the new license key?  I tried to go in directly to the appliance and do an 'upgrade' but it tells me the license is expired so I can't do an upgrade.  I have downloaded the standalone console, and from searching it sounds like I should be able to click "update license", however this option is greyed out for me, as well as the "Activate" and "Save" buttons.  The only thing I can click on is "Cancel". 

If it matters, I am currently using the desktop console vs 6.0.1.  I was unable to download the console for 5.6.  It just won't download from the customer portal, just leads me to a "page unavailable" screen.

Thank you!

• There must have been some issue with the SolarWinds file database as I wasn't able to download any files for quite some time.  However, it just started working for me, and was able to download the 5.6 console, at which point I could click on the 'update license' button.  Hopefully this helps someone in the future!