5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 10:06 AM by frgpugs

WebEx Meetings Player

jwckauman

Cisco has released a security update to address a vulnerability in its WebEx Meetings Player. Exploitation of this vulnerability could allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.

Cisco Releases Security Update

Does Patch Manager ever release updates for Cisco products (or WebEx products specifically)?  has anyone attempted to patch WebEx Meetings Player using Patch Manager with success? If so, could you share your approach?

Thanks!

• Re: WebEx Meetings Player
          frgpugs

Patch manager does not patch Cisco products.

The easiest way imho to update webex is just to enable automatic updating and installation when anyone signs in to the webex service site. 

If you want to do it via patch manager its doable, just go to the service site and download the newest version and create a package yourself like anything else.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              jwckauman

Thank you.  Has anyone ever downloaded "Cisco WebEx Meetings Player"? I cannot find a link to do so.  Also, when I check my software inventory reports, "Cisco WebEx Meetings Player" doesn't even display a version.  So it's seems like I can't even tell if I have a correct version or not. 

frgpugs

Webex Player - WebEx Player: Watch, share, and edit WebEx recordings.

direct download to the MSI for it - Download WebEx Player

If you are looking for Meeting Center, its available on your Webex service site.

jwckauman

Thanks for the links.  Unfortunately that was for the WebEx Player and Recorder.  I tried installing it on a fresh PC that had never had any WebEx installed before, and then I tried a test WebEx meeting.  It still wanted to download and install something else. Evidently "WebEx Player and Recorder" is not the same thing as "WebEx Meetings Player".    The only way I was able to get WebEx Meetings Player to install was to join a WebEx test meeting.  That's not going to work, because we have hundreds of computers with old versions of the WebEx Meetings Player.   Cisco has made this really complex and hard to decipher.  Any feedback on others experiences keeping this up to date is much appreciated.

frgpugs

The problem is its confusing  There is Webex meeting center and Webex player.  If you are a webex customer you can download it the meeting center from your service site.  If you are not you can get it when you join a meeting.  I bet if you ask webex directly you can get a download, or join a meeting and copy the installer it downloads to distribute yourself