5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2016 11:03 AM by eric.work

Triggered Date/Time is different in my report than my actual alert.

casey.carson

I noticed today that my report on all active alerts is showing Triggered Date/Time as a time that has not even occurred yet. My report was created at 6am and It is about 5 hours ahead of the actual alert. The alert shows the correct time. I will put in screenshots of the report and the alert trigger time as well as the report swql query. Any help is greatly appreciated!

SELECT DISTINCT

AlertActive.AlertActiveID, AlertObjects.AlertObjectID, AlertConfigurations.Name, AlertConfigurations.Severity, AlertConfigurations.ObjectType,

AlertObjects.EntityUri, AlertObjects.EntityType, AlertObjects.EntityCaption,

AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime, AlertObjects.LastTriggeredDateTime, AlertActive.TriggeredMessage AS Message,

AlertActive.AcknowledgedDateTime, AlertActive.Acknowledged AS Acknowledged, AlertActive.AcknowledgedBy, AlertActive.AcknowledgedNote, AlertObjects.AlertNote,

Case

When Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) +0.0)/86400))+'d '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600))+'h '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

When Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600))+'h '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

When Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

Else ''

End AS ActiveTime

FROM Orion.AlertObjects (nolock=true) AlertObjects

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertActive (nolock=true) AlertActive ON AlertObjects.AlertObjectID=AlertActive.AlertObjectID

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertConfigurations (nolock=true) AlertConfigurations ON AlertConfigurations.AlertID=AlertObjects.AlertID

Order By AlertConfigurations.Name, AlertObjects.EntityCaption

• Re: Triggered Date/Time is different in my report than my actual alert.
          typhoon87

I believe you may have posted in the wrong subforum. This does not look like a WebHelpdesk question.

blsanner

The times when you use SWQL queries are always going to be in UTC time.  There is a function (TOLOCAL) that you can use to convert them to the local time of the server.  You would do something like:

TOLOCAL(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime) AS [Triggered Time]

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                eric.work

Hi i'm having the same issue but I'm not clear on where to insert TOLOCAL(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime) AS Triggered Time or the application of this string in the code example above in Casey's post.

Do I need to add it in after the SELECT DISTINCT call? Or within the Case subquery?  Do I need to amend every WHERE statement to include the TOLOCAL function? Could you provide an example using the Casey.Carson's code example below?  Thanks so much!

SELECT DISTINCT

AlertActive.AlertActiveID, AlertObjects.AlertObjectID, AlertConfigurations.Name, AlertConfigurations.Severity, AlertConfigurations.ObjectType,

AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime, AlertObjects.LastTriggeredDateTime, AlertActive.TriggeredMessage AS Message,

AlertActive.AcknowledgedDateTime, AlertActive.Acknowledged AS Acknowledged, AlertActive.AcknowledgedBy, AlertActive.AcknowledgedNote, AlertObjects.AlertNote,

Case

When Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) +0.0)/86400))+'d '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600))+'h '+

When Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600))+'h '+

When Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

Else ''

End AS ActiveTime

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertActive (nolock=true) AlertActive ON AlertObjects.AlertObjectID=AlertActive.AlertObjectID

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertConfigurations (nolock=true) AlertConfigurations ON AlertConfigurations.AlertID=AlertObjects.AlertID

blsanner

You would replace the bold  and underlined selection below.  By just selecting the AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime, you are selecting the UTC time.  Replacing AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime with TOLOCAL(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime) converts to the local time of the Orion server.

SELECT DISTINCT

Case

Else ''

End AS ActiveTime

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        eric.work

I tried that and it says "Query not valid", it's set to SWQL and Advanced Database Query, here is what i changed (in bold):

SELECT DISTINCT

TOLOCAL(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime), AlertObjects.LastTriggeredDateTime, AlertActive.TriggeredMessage AS Message,

Is it a syntax error or something? I'm racking my brain right now and I can't figure it out, thanks so much for your help!