1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 1:51 PM by codyb

How to exclude nodes from an alert?

dfbhdts

Hi all,

I'm quite the rookie using Solarwinds so apologies if this is something that can easily be done... But basically  I'd just like to know if there is a way to exclude specific nodes from the alerts we have triggered? Our team currently monitors several sites but we have a few sites that we no longer need to monitor so closely. We are getting high cpu utilization and alerts like that for all the sites, when really we don't need to have these alerts coming through for the few sites we don't monitor so closely anymore. We still need to have these sites on our home page on Solarwinds so that we know if the sites go offline, but we just don't need the high  utilization emails and stuff for these specific sites.

Thanks in advance for your patience and help in this

• Re: How to exclude nodes from an alert?
          codyb

You probably already figured this out, but the easiest way is to create a Custom Property something called No Alerts. Apply this to the nodes you don't want to have alerts on and then update the triggers on the alerts you don't want these to be apart of something like node "Custom Property" is not equal to "customer property value. My example is Alert Groups and we have a few DBA, Pager, No Alerts, etc... the nodes I don't want alerts on I add to No alerts and have updated all my alerts to ignore nodes if they are apart of that alert group. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful