This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Sending Trapes to Remedy

We use Remedy as our trouble ticket system and now have Netview set up to open trouble tickets, has anyone used SolarWinds to open trouble tickets in Remedy?
  • Yes I would like to know if anyone have done this as well. I'm using Remedy Version 3. Maybe will upgrade to Remedy Version 5
  • You could send an email to Remedy to create a ticket. One thing to keep in mind is that you can't user a Guest user account in Remedy for this. You could create one login with read access in Remedy that would receive the emails from SolarWinds.

To use the Submit action label in an incoming email:
    1 Create a new email message in your mail tool.
    2 Address the email message to the incoming mailbox.
    3 To execute a submit action that creates an entry that contains the text
    “Printer not working” in the Short Description field of the HD Incident
    form, enter the following information in your email message to the email
    engine:
    Schema: HD Incident
    Server: polycarp
    Login: Francie Frontline
    Password: <mypassword>
    Action: Submit
    !Submitter!: Francie Frontline
    !Short Description!: Printer not working
    The field name between the exclamation marks must exactly match the field
    name in the database and is case sensitive.
  • I don't have Remedy and don't know what you need to do in order to send it a trouble ticket. However, because you can call a script, and send that script parameters, as an alert action in SW I would expect that you could send your Remedy platform a message in whatever format it expected by writing up a little script widgit.

Be fantastic