This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Patch manager issue

Hi all,

We are just starting to try and use patch manager and I am getting this error when I try and use PM to update machines

ARP Resolution result: Yes
DNS Resolution result: Yes
NETBIOS Name Resolution: Yes
MS Endpoint Mapper: Yes
WMI Connection: No
Access Denied . Unable to connect using account CORP\svc_swndspm
EminentWare Provider Connection: No
Access Denied . Unable to connect using account CORP\svc_swndspm
File and Print Sharing Ports: Yes

Not sure what access is denied too. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

-Pat

• Is the CORP\svc_swndspm user admin of the endpoint you are trying to update? It is failing to access WMI and the EminentWare Provider on the remote system because it is denied access. Those items require admin privileges.

• Hello,

Thanks for answer the account is a service account and local admin on the machine I am testing on, I have retried and now I am getting a InvalidNameSpace

Thanks

• I would check the security log on the endpoint and see specifically what rights are being denied to that account. Depending on your configuration there could be rights that are available to the Administrators group by default that have been removed. I am pretty sure you only get the Access Denied message when you are explicitly denied but you can also check that the required ports for WMI and the EminentWare Provider are open between the server and endpoints.