3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 3:36 PM by byrona

How to let clients know their tickes are upated without sending details?

byrona

Is there a way to configure WHD to email clients and let them know that their ticket has been updated without sending them any of the details from the ticket?

My specific use case for this is that we have clients with security concerns and don't want anything about them or their systems being sent out over email.  I would like to update their tickets and have WHD send them an email just letting them know that their ticket has been updated and that they need to go to the WHD web portal to look at their ticket to get more details.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this!

• Re: How to let clients know their tickes are upated without sending details?
          wdkunkel

Setup>E-mail set e-mail layout to simple.

Client E-Mail LayoutConfiguring the Client E-Mail Layout defines how much

detail Clients see when receiving Web Help Desk ticket emails.

Configure client e-mails selecting one of the following formats:

- Simple mail format, which does not include ticket details.

- Detailed mail format, which includes ticket details such as priority

and status.

Customize the following options as needed:

- Include Recipient Section specifies whether single-note e-mail sent

to clients includes a section listing all the e-mail recipients.

- Note Limit defines the maximum number of ticket notes included in an

email.

- Reveal Tech E-Mail Address indicates whether or not to reveal Tech

email addresses in the client interface and in the email Web Help Desk

sends to clients. If Reveal Tech E-Mail Address is unchecked, the list

shows recipient names without email addresses. When this option is checked,

the list shows recipient names and e-mail addresses.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 10:01 AM, byrona <communityteam@solarwinds.com>

• Re: How to let clients know their tickes are upated without sending details?
            byrona

It looks like i can add notes to a ticket without checking the box to send to the client but still leave the note as visible to the client.  Then I can add another note and send it to the client and choose to send the note only, not the full details of the ticket.  This isn't the best solution but it works.