This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

logger client count?

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi Folks,

We have the Syslog server installed in our environment on (hopefully) all servers and therein lies the question. Is there any way to get an accounting/list of all systems reporting in to the loghost? I have the report function sending me emails every 12 hours but this seems to report activity only.

Many thanks in advance.

BuddyD

• A similar question was asked recently: SysLog

bkyle​ suggested using a registry key to include more hosts in the daily report. This maxes out at 999 hosts so it doesn't work for us.  Our default rule includes an action to log to a file.  When configuring this action we use the 'AutoSplit' value to use the hostname as the log file name(C:\logs\hostslogs\%Hostname.txt).  The hostlogs directory will then have a file for every host.  From there you could do something like 'dir > hostlist.txt and use the text file.

Are you trying to detemine hosts that stopped sending or hosts that need to be configured to send to the syslog server?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to kstone

Thanks for the response. We have a small environment of about 60+ servers. I am trying to verify that I have installed the syslog agent on all Windows servers, as well as configured the Linux system without visiting every host. I have not spent much time becoming familiar with the software so the AutoSplit tip is appreciated.