This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Banner word "Username" preventing NCM connecting to devices

Hi,

I have recently started working for a large retail company who have given me the task of configuring Orion to manage all of their Cisco devices. I have hit a problem that is causing a major headache. Each switch has an authentication banner configured which contains the following words:

Please Enter you Username and Password:

(Yes I know there is a typo but it was done by a predecessor)

I have configured NCM to use a set of credentials to connect to each device via SSH for backing up configs etc but NCM will not connect to devices with this banner. This does seem to be a well known issue as you can see in this thread from 2009 Device login issues but my issue is I have 4000 switches with this banner and no way of doing a bulk change on them apart from through Solarwinds that will not connect to them via ssh!

Is there a way around this so NCM ignores the banner or is there a way of changing the banner on all my switches via snmp (I do have a RW snmp string configured) in NCM?

T