This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM reporting question. Advice needed please.

So, I have a question about sending reports to a support email address and how to get them to send autonomously.

So I have a evaluation of LEM and an running it now.  It's reporting and doing all the reporting things it usually does.  At the moment I am not reporting on a lot (log on, log off and any failed log on attempts) the reports are quite small, about 6mb.  I have a scheduled task that runs every Friday at 5am and then will save the output file to a network directory.  I could simply get 1st line to open the directory and view the report, but for me I am thinking it would have been easier to send the report to their support desk for them to check.  I would like to keep the reports for six months for historical reference so that is a supplier wishes to dispute any issues on a server we can then go back to them with this evidence.

I think I might have to write a powershell script that emails the reports.  But my question is how would I even implement this when the reports are going to be incremented every week? I don't really want to sent the report out myself because that then I might as well run the report my self and check, which if I am being truthful I don't want to do because I'm lazy.

Any thoughts on anyone having experience on this would be appreciated.

Regards