This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Syslog of the Syslogger

I've poked around a bit, but haven't really found anything to answer my question. Then again, trying to phrase a search term to find the answer would be problematic given the product.

I've had error 28: Stack Space, issues lately. For the last few weeks, the system in question has been getting an excess of logs. I'm working on the other end of those logs to bring the rate down, as not to surpass the 2,000,000 per hour threshold. I know that Kiwi has the ability to send out hourly status emails, but I was wondering if there was the capability to save these files, or generate them locally. I'd like to be able to syslog the syslogger. An hour is a pretty wide timerange given the error. You can be at 20k MPH at minute 53, and then suddenly there is a DDoS that pushes you to 5,000,000 MPH, and crashes the syslogger. This leaves me without a way of seeing what happened through a 'View Statistics File' viewpoint.

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!