This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature Request:Exclude hostname patters from automatic network discovery import

FormerMember
FormerMember

We have an automated server build process that installs the Solarwinds monitoring agent automatically. This saves me having to discover the system and install the agent software manually, but it also means that test builds which an average lifetime of 20 minutes register with Solarwinds and then are automatically destroyed then the testing is completed. The networks these systems are built on varies, and the ip address is also random, but the hostname pattern is consistent. What I would like to have is a way to automatically exclude systems with a certain hostname pattern from one of these - discovery, import, alerting.

Perhaps I can run a script that uses the API to identify and delete these systems Solarwinds? If I did that, would the agent register itself again?