0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 1:44 PM by df112

DPA testimonial

df112
      1. What industry is your company in?  Higher Education
      2. How large is your IT shop? (Small (1-250 elements); Medium (251 – 2000 elements); Large (2001 to 10000 elements); Extra-large (greater than 10,000 elements)  We're small  (< 250)
      3. Which SolarWinds product are you writing this review for?  DPA
      4. What problem were you trying to solve when you purchased?  We'd had a nagging problem with Discoverer reports (who doesn't) but Grid Control just didn't get it.  As someone who had previously demo'd (and loved, but couldn't afford) Confio Ignite, I knew what an outstanding product it was, and when  I saw DPA I knew immediately it was the old Ignite product with even more improvements.  And yes, I was able to identify and correct the problem within a week of getting DPA up and running.
      5. Did you consider options other than SolarWinds? Who?  Yes.  Quest/Dell Spotlight, Grid Control with the Tuning & Diag pack, several others.
      6. How are you using the product and what benefits have you seen?  We DBAs live in it all day.  It helps id performance problems, blocking issues, missing indexes, etc.  The other great benefit of DPA as compared to other products  is we also have MySQL and MS SQL Servers databases, and monitor those as well.  I'm not aware of a similar product that allows you monitor all your databases on a single console.  Incredibly handy.  Since we also have a couple of MS Dynamics CRM instances, we are using Orion SAM to monitor and identify issues/outages with the CRM hosts.