This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Basics of Adding New Subnets which includes Dynamic and Static IP Address Ranges?

Hello All,

We just got IPAM installed yesterday and I am clicking around the site trying to get a feel for it...

But, I have a question about adding Subnets and what would be the best way to do this...

In our DHCP Server (*a Linux Box so unable to be discovered Automatically) If I have a Subnet for: 10.60.114.x

Start DHCP IP: 10.60.114.10

End DHCP IP: 10.60.114.210

So for that DHCP Address Space we have Excluded the Following Ranges to be reserved for Static IP Addresses:

10.60.114.1 <--> 10.60.114.9

10.60.114.11 <--> 10.60.114.255

What would be the best way to enter this specific DHCP Address space?

If I just enter the Subnet into IPAM as this below, then it will include the entire 255 addresses in there, and won't show the one's that are actually assigned static addresses as being Static (*they just show as "Used" for any Statically Assigned addresses):

Subnet Address: 10.60.114.0   CIDR: 24

Mask: 255.255.255.0

Or, would I just enter it just like above to include all addresses of that subnet, and then edit a Range of the IP Addresses from the Manage Subnets & IP Addresses page? What would be the best way to go about doing that? This way we would know used/available IP Addresses in the Dynamic scope and also what IPs are available in the Static scope...

Does that make sense? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Matt