This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface Filters in Resources and Reports

Hi,

I am trying to create either a custom resource or report for WAN capacity issues. i have added the Top xx Capacity Problems and removed CPU, Memory and Disk Usage from the resource which only leaves Interface Receive Utilization and Interface Transmit Utilization. I have a Custom Property on the WAN interface of all our devices called Edge_Reporting_End which is set to True or False. I was expecting to be able to filter the resource using the following, interfaces.Edge_Reporting_End = 'True'  but it fails. This filter works fine on another resource, Top Interfaces by Percent Utilization.

Can anyone suggest another way to show the capacity details for specific interfaces or advise me on the correct filter for this resource.

Thanks in advance

• might try

interfaces.Edge_Reporting_End <> 'False'

just for grins.  Or create a group with dynamic membership (same logic) and reference the group rather than the custom property.  Can't seem anything inherently wrong with what you're doing, so just throwing out random suggestions in case one works.

• Hi d09h,

Sadly your first suggestion didn't work. I like your thinking with the group idea though. Ive created the group with the dynamic membership, but cant figure out the filter to add just that group to the resource. Any suggestions?