6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 1:18 PM by wojcika

Kicked out (logged out) of WHD when using Chrome

wojcika

We have had a number of our clients and techs report that they can log into WHD using Chrome but if they click on anything they get kicked out to the login page. This happens regardless of what they click on. It appears that if they clear their cache the issue goes away but then appears again a few hours later. Then if they try a few days later they can log in without any issues at all. Each person (as far as I know) is running the latest version of Chrome.

Chrome Version 53.0.2785.116

WHD 12.3.0 - Build #12 .3.0.494-HF3-703

Is anyone else having this issue?

• Re: Kicked out (logged out) of WHD when using Chrome
          jjordanmica

We just started seeing this same issue after upgrading to 12.5.1.  Curiously I have one tech using chrome on a PC that is saying he doesn't have the issue, but others are starting to report it intermittently.  I haven't seen the behavior when using Safari on a Mac - I can stay logged in all day with no issues.

wojcika

Hello,

We had the same issue. Some techs had this issue and some didn't. We did figure out that it was PeopleSoft related. So users that logged into our PeopleSoft environment in Chrome would get kicked out of WHD. If they used a different browser for each application then it was fine. Solarwinds did indicated that they were working on some sort of fix but I don't recall where they were at on it. We are running 12.5.0. Haven't had any recent reports of the issue.

Thanks!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              jjordanmica

Oh wow, I wouldn't have put that connection together.  I just tried it in Chrome on my own machine, and as soon as I log into PS, it kicked me from WHD.  Thanks for the heads up on that one, at least we can track down something that causes it.

wojcika

For you folks still having this issue. One of our techs figured out that the cookie called 'psback' is the one that is causing the issue. A interm solution is to install an extension in Chrome called "Edit this cookie" and then use that to block the cookie called 'psback'.

Also, our PeopleSoft admin said that there was a fix for this provided by PeopleSoft. We have tried that fix but it did not work. He is going to open a case with PeopleSoft to see if they have something else we can try.

Good luck!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  chinmaychavan

Its just an upgrade bug

wojcika

For you folks still having this issue. One of our techs figured out that the cookie called 'psback' is the one that is causing the issue. A interm solution is to install an extension in Chrome called "Edit this cookie" and then use that to block the cookie called 'psback'.

Also, our PeopleSoft admin said that there was a fix for this provided by PeopleSoft. We have tried that fix but it did not work. He is going to open a case with PeopleSoft to see if they have something else we can try.

Good luck!