This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cannot edit properties of managed nodes

Hello,

I have updated to the latest version of NPM, NTA, NCM, SAM, and IPAM on a new server. All the upgrades look to have gone through without a hitch. I attempted to edit the properties of a managed node and received a "Unexpected Website Error - The parameter is incorrect"

Has anyone seen this error before? Any ideas? I've attached the error report to this post.

Thanks for any help!

• Was able to work with SW support on the issue. She even stated that the error message is so vague that it does not help to pinpoint the issue.

After reproducing the error multiple times and pouring through the logs, we were able to pinpoint the following error entry:

2016-09-19 16:23:35,035 [7] ERROR SolarWinds.BusinessLayerHost.PluginManager - Plugin "SolarWinds.NPM.BusinessLayer, Version=12.0.5300.5553, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" creation failed.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common.OrionEventsDALFactory' from assembly 'SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common, Version=2015.1.5500.2341, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at SolarWinds.NPM.BusinessLayer.NPMBusinessLayerPlugin..ctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCto

In the end, it looked to be an issue with VIM. It looks like somehow VIM was not installed properly during my upgrade path. We had performed a uninstall/reinstall of VIM and after the configuration wizard completed, I was able to go and edit a node's properties.

Hope this helps someone else out!