This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Indication subscription

Hello,

I am prototyping a C# client wrapper , which is consuming the Information Service.
Right now, I'm working on Invoking verbs through the service. I tried calling the PollNow method, but is there any way to get an information about when it's done?
I want the user to be able to call PollNow once in a while, and AFTER the poll is done, send a query to get the latest information about the node (right now, i just want to know if the node is up or down).

Is there a way to subscribe to SWSQL Indications? Or is there any other way to do that?

Thank you in advance

• For this use case, I think the simplest solution would be to just query the LastSync property until it changes. Like this:

$hostname = "localhost"

$username = "admin"

$password = ""

$swis = Connect-Swis -Hostname $hostname -UserName $username -Password $password

$node = Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT TOP 1 NodeID, LastSync FROM Orion.Nodes ORDER BY LastSync DESC"

$oldSyncTime = $node.LastSync

Invoke-SwisVerb $swis Orion.Nodes PollNow @("N:" + $node.NodeID) | Out-Null

Write-Host "Invoked PollNow for node $($node.NodeID)."

Write-Host "Waiting for update..." -NoNewline

do {

Start-Sleep -Seconds 1

Write-Host "." -NoNewline

$newSyncTime = Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT LastSync FROM Orion.Nodes WHERE NodeID=@nodeId" @{nodeId=$node.NodeID}

} while ($newSyncTime -eq $oldSyncTime)

Write-Host "done."

$node = Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT Caption, Status, StatusDescription FROM Orion.Nodes WHERE NodeID=@nodeId" @{nodeId=$node.NodeID}

Write-Host "Latest status for $($node.Caption) is $($node.Status) - $($node.StatusDescription)"