2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2016 10:58 AM by brian.trotter@polypore.net

NPM Report showing SNMPv3 credential details?

brian.trotter@polypore.net

I recently began migrating all my devices from snmpv2 to snmpv3.

As I went through I found numerous devices that I had to use DES instead of AES128.

The problem is that now after I have done 300+ devices, I cant remember all which devices I had to use that privacy option for.

I thought I would be able to create a report showing it but all I can do is show which devices are using snmpv3, but not which ones are using DES instead of AES.

Can anyone assist in helping me find this information without having to go node by node looking at the properties?

Thank you

• Re: NPM Report showing SNMPv3 credential details?
          Craig Norborg

Fairly simple, here is a quickie showing how its done, you can modify it to fit your needs...  This is using SWQL which means you'll need the Orion SDK to work with it, although the SWQL itself can be used in a "Custom Query" resource on any page, or within a report.

SELECT N.IPAddress, N.Caption as Device, N.SNMPVersion as Version, N.Community, N.RWCommunity, N.SNMPv3Credentials.UserName,

N.SNMPv3Credentials.PrivacyMethod, N.SNMPv3Credentials.AuthenticationMethod, N.SNMPv3Credentials.RWPrivacyMethod,

N.SNMPv3Credentials.RWAuthenticationMethod

FROM Orion.Nodes N

WHERE (N.SNMPVersion = 3)

If you want to have this on-demand on any given webpage, just go to "Customize Page", add a resource of type "Custom Query" to the column you want, paste in this SWQL and you're ready to go.