2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 1:24 PM by lindsey.serrano

Monitoring and Alerting

dustinvoyles

Chances are, that if you are searching this forum for answers or content then you are aware of the importance of monitoring your environment.  But its not good enough to just monitor.  The alerting configuration is pivotal in the reliability of your response time.  The solarwinds toolset is THE most customizable and elaborate monitoring/alerting platform out there.  As a long time user of Solarwinds products and monitoring/alerting developer I have used, and 'put to the fire' so to speak many different platforms.  The conclusion of my testing and my many attempts to "Save Money";  there is no replacement for a rock solid product like Log & Event Manager or the many other tools that Solarwinds places at your fingertips.

• Re: Monitoring and Alerting
          dustinvoyles

What are your tools of choice and why do you value them?  Please post answers below:

• Re: Monitoring and Alerting
            lindsey.serrano

Hi Dustin,

In order to qualify to receive the $25 gift card, please answer the below questions. Thanks!

1.What industry is your company in?

2.How large is your IT shop? (Small (1-250 elements); Medium (251 – 2000 elements); Large (2001 to 10000 elements); Extra-large (greater than 10,000 elements)

3.Which SolarWinds product are you writing this review for?

4.What problem were you trying to solve when you purchased?

6.Did you consider options other than SolarWinds? Who?

7.How are you using the product and what benefits have you seen?