3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 8:22 AM by pmaldonato

SWjobenginesvc2.exe continuous errors

pmaldonato

Has anyone had any errors like these start popping up recently? I'm thinking it's due to a windows update installed on 8/25 on our WSUS server. I haven't been able to get a sync to work since the 26th. It also seems to keep stopping the WSUS service. I've been searching the internet to no avail. I'm thinking of uninstalling all the updates that installed on the 25th tomorrow and see if that helps. I figured I'd ask here first. Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

• Re: SWjobenginesvc2.exe continuous errors
          stcain

You didn't mention which Windows server you were hosting it on, 2008R2, 2012 or 2012R2. We're still using 2008R2 and the only patch I installed from 8/25 was KB3187022 to fix the printing issue with security patch MS16-098. I've seen no sync issues and no errors like that on my server logs. I also have all the other August 2016 security patches installed.

pmaldonato

Sorry. It's Server 2012 R2 Only reason I'm thinking it's a update issue is that it started the day after updates were installed.

pmaldonato

Also just noticed another error which micht help in getting this figured out. I got a index was outside the array. I know this has been related to errors after installing KB3148812 which came out in April I think. I just checked and that update isn't on my server. I did notice that KB3159706 which just came out is supposed to be a fix for KB3148812. That update is installed on the server and when I remove it I get an error when trying to start the WSUS service. I'll keep digging on my end. If anyone is having similar problems or knows of anything I can try please let me know. I'm going on almost 2 weeks without my downstream servers being able to sync.

Thanks.