This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I display the "Subject" field on the Search Tickets page

Hi Guys,

I noticed that I can create various custom layouts to display various columns based on the grouping I choose.

The only column I cannot seem to find is that of the "Subject Field".  

See below:

Pic 3.png

Pic 1.png

Pic 2.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Stephan

• Stephan,

Great screenshots! They definitely helped to understand what you're asking.

Here's the nuance:

• Subject is combined into the Request field on the ticket Basic Search.
    • Similarly, Subject appears in the Request Detail column when updating your column set.
    • The Subject is actually the bold text that appears before the actual request detail.

If you need to search tickets exclusive of text in the actual Request Detail field of the ticket, you should use the Advanced Search function and use the Subject parameter. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

• Hi Eele,

The reason I would like to have the Subject field listed is because of the Export functionality. 

This morning i noticed by just adding and removing a few other columns and then Exporting, I know do get the "Subject" exported as a separate column.  See below:

pic 4.png

pic 5.png

So, that problem is for now resolved.

However, I do have another weird issue that you may be able to assist with:

I have created a few Custom fields.

When I add them to the Search window as viewable columns, no problem.  When I export to the TSV file, all the various Columns are exported and separated by tabs except the Custom Field names.  I mention names because the actual values of the fields are correctly exported and separated by tabs.

See below:

pic 7.png

What do you think I should do?

Regards,

Stephan

• Stephan,

I'm glad that we got the first conundrum resolved!
    Your second issue is definitely perplexing and I cannot replicate it. When I export ticket data to .tsv and open it in Excel, the integrity of the custom field data is maintained in the row/column layout.

WHD build 12.3.0 - #12.3.0.494-HF3-703

Tested in Excel 2016

Perhaps try opening the file in Sheets or another spreadsheet application and see if the issue is maintained. There may be an issue with the .tsv that is being output by WHD. If you have SQL access, you could always query the data directly without using the .tsv export function. My apologies that there's not an easier answer...but do know that this functionality should normally work.  As such, a ticket to SolarWinds may be in your best interest! Good luck -

- Eric

• Thanks Eric,

I do have mySQL, but not clever enough to know how to export from the various tables and keeping the various fields linked.

Anyways, Ill play around a bit more and see if I can figure this out.

Thank's for your all your help!

Regards,

Stephan