I'm pretty sure this was fixed with a recent Hot Fix for NPM.
Hmmn, I am looking at the release notes, but I don't see anything for this particular alert:
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor version 12.0 Hotfix 1
This hotfix addresses the following issues:
- Hardware health polling does not work for specific Cisco devices due to a problem with hierarchy. In the Collector log, you can find the following message:
"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- Incorrect calculation of wireless AP identifiers that results in wireless APs duplication after the upgrade.
- NetPath high latency measurement issues, typically at hop 1
- NetPath probing exceptions caused by invalid packets
It doesn't appear to be in the Orion Platform hotfixes either:
SolarWinds Orion Platform 2016.1 Hotfix 4
This hotfix addresses following issues:
* Upgrading SolarWinds Agents can uninstall "Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)".
* SolarWinds Agents deployed in server-initiated mode can cause port exhaustion on the poller.
This hotfix also includes hotfixes 1, 2, and 3 for SolarWinds Orion Platform 2016.1.
* Hotfix 3 addresses an issue where the Worldwide Map resource is unusable.
* Hotfix 2 addresses an issue where the Configuration Wizard fails with the following message:
"Database configuration failed:
Error while Executing script- Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =,!== or when the subquery is used as an expression."
* Hotfix 1 addresses the following issues:
* The All Groups resource with edited resource properties is empty after the upgrade.
* Editing a custom property results in an exception.
* When scheduling a discovery, only a part of the date and time information is displayed in the UI.
* SAM Threshold breaks the Configuration Wizard
I'll keep looking and if I find the fix, I'll definitely post it.
Can you provide which plugins are causing the issue? If you click on the message it should give you the list. You may also want to look into the BusinessLayerHost.log for the error associated with this. That is most likely where you will locate the logs associated with the problem.
This is exactly what I needed to do.
This is obviously an old issue. What is odd is that I dismissed the alert a couple of times, but it appears to come back. I'll go back through the individual alerts screen and see if I can clear it there instead,
Found this article that matches exactly what you're seeing. VNQM Business Layer failed to start - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support
Took me a second to understand the resolution but the query it wants you to run is highlighted in yellow. Let me know how it goes.
Open this log file and go to bottom of the log and you should see the plugins initializing and then starting see which one failed
Interesting, I don't have that file. I have a BuisnessLayerHost file.
Yes that's the one sorry.