7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2016 9:07 AM by shuth

SAM 6.3 RC upgrade

shuth

I finished upgrading to SAM 6.3 RC (along with NPM 12.0.1, NCM 7.5.1, NTA 4.2.1).

• Upgrading from: NPM 12.0.0, SAM 6.2.4, NCM 7.5.0, NTA 4.2.0, IPAM 4.3.1, SRM 6.3.0, VNQM 4.2.4, WPM 2.2.1
      • The installer picked up that I didn't have the latest version of IPAM installed so I had to upgrade from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 first (no issue)
      • Installing NPM 12.0.1 RC first, the installer couldn't shutdown certain services. Following aLTeReGo's post in the other thread here Re: SAM RC 6.3 I had to manually shutdown all of these services via services.msc.
      • SAM 6.3.0 RC installed OK but during the Configuration Wizard I received a path access error. Re-running the Configuration Wizard a second time worked OK.
      • Installing the other modules (NCM/NTA) went OK and I left the system running the website optimisation
      • I checked the system this morning and although the website was running OK, no data was being collected. The polling engine page had a Last Database Update of 907 minutes and nodes had no data collected post-upgrade.
      • Using the Orion Service Manager, I shutdown/started everything and the system is now polling OK

I had a look at the web-based License Manager and it displays all the licenses correctly.

I'll look into the other features and post here as I go but so far so good.