2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 2:02 PM by _zzz_

Tech assignment via email

_zzz_
      Can technicians pick up ticket assignments through WHD emails, or can it only be done through the web interface? For example, if a tech adds a note through a email ticket link, can the ticket automatically be assigned to them?

• Re: Tech assignment via email
          kellytice

It is possible for a tech to update tickets using a specially formatted subject line.

I think this may help you; I believe if a tech were to modify the subject to set the Ticket, Action, and Reassign  fields, that might work

Here is an example subject line with samples of all the changeable things:

Ticket:1532 Action:TechUpdate Hidden:NO Status:Pending EmailClient:NO Reassign:sally@mycompany.com MinutesWorked:30 BillingRate:Standard

• Re: Tech assignment via email
              _zzz_

Thanks for the tip. Tried to use the “REASSIGN” tag in a test
              ticket, and got the following. I’ve confirmed the address in the [email
              address] section matches exactly what shows as the primary email in the tech
              Account Info page.

Your request to reassign Ticket 10718 could not be completed due to the following
                error:

E-mail address " [email
                address
              ’]” could not be found in the tech database.

-------------------

Subject: Ticket:10718 Action:TechUpdate Hidden:NO Status: EmailClient:YES
                Reassign: [email address] MinutesWorked:

Date: Mon Aug 22 14:51:15 EDT 2016