6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 1:31 PM by typhoon87

Scheduled Reports not working

edwelly

Hello all. Last week I setup 2 scheduled reports. Those reports ran great for the first week and then just stopped working. Any suggestions? I have included a screen shot showing the 'Next mailing' date. Running the reports manually works fine.

Thanks - edwelly

Reports.jpg

• Re: Scheduled Reports not working
          edwelly

Noticed the Approval Email were not working either so I restarted the server and that appears to have resolved everything. Hope this is not a 'things to come' type of scenario.

typhoon87

Is your JVM running out of memory? This was a bigger issue like pre 12.1 but can still happen if you are using the default memory sizes. When its starts running low on memory pool lots of weird things start to happen.

edwelly

I am certain we are using whatever the default setting is out of box. Can you expand on what I should be looking for and possibly the values you set?

Thanks - Erik

typhoon87

If you go to Setup --> General --> System Information and look for the line labeled JVM memory. You will see version information there at the bottom there is a live "bar" that shows memory usage. The bar is live and updates every few seconds but underneath it shows the text output mine is showing 723.02 MB used / 1,012 MB total (71%). If you are above a really small installation and using the defaults you could be close to maxing out the memory. Which is why things calm down and run right when you restart the services or the whole server.

To up the defaults you need to stop the WHD service on the server, then go to the install location --> the CONF folder --> edit the WHD.conf file --> look for a section called  Memory allocation and play with the minimum and maximum lines then save. Restart services --> and go the the system information and check the JVM memory line again.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          edwelly

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I changed the value and restarted the service. I set our values to:

MINIMUM_MEMORY=256

MAXIMUM_MEMORY=8960

MAXIMUM_PERM_MEMORY=1024

I assume that is ok. It is running on a server that has 24GB of memory.

I also scheduled a nightly restarted using kylyjb007 's steps listed here: Re: JVM Memory

Hopefully between these two items, everything will run smoothly going forward. Thanks again for your help!!!

typhoon87

Glad you were able to get those changes made. The system will run quite a bit better.

As I noted post Version 12.1 they patched a few huge memory/handle leaks but it is still a java based application so yea. I also have no idea why the factory defaults are so low. Its only 128mb and 256mb which in the real world would only work for really small installations. With 8 gigs you should not need to nightly restart if you get the warm fuzzy feeling its not a bad thing.