5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 4:28 PM by aLTeReGo

Installed NPM and SAM RC, now have issue with RabitMQ

cvinka

The RC required the updating of VNQM from the version I had, and then of course the NPM and SAM RC.  Once everything was installed I then saw the notice that RabitMQ, and Plugin "VNQM Business Layer" failed to start.  Will be opening a case shortly.

• Re: Installed NPM and SAM RC, now have issue with RabitMQ
          aLTeReGo

cvinka, please post your case number here once it has been opened. I'll see that the case is escalated to the appropriate individuals.

cvinka

I was able to search Thwack and resolved the issue with the BL, but when I attempted the RabbitMQ removal and reinstall it never showed back up in the services or service manager.  I also had run into issues with the licensing on that server and ended up completely removing all applications and rebuilding.  I have everything back online, but I still do not see RabbitMQ in the services.  I do see that the RabbitMQ is loaded in the programs area of control panel.  Should I still open a ticket for the MQ not showing or is this even an issue?

aLTeReGo

To restore RabbitMQ please follow the steps outlined below.

1.Uninstall "RabbitMQ Server (SolarWinds Distribution)" from Programs and Features

2.Delete C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Orion\RabbitMQ

3.Delete the service control entry with 'sc delete rabbitmq' from the command line

4.Delete the 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ericsson' key from the registry.

5.Install C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Installers\SolarWinds.RabbitMQ.Install.msi.

6.Run the services section of the Configuration Wizard.

shuth

I'm not sure about the RabbitMQ but I had VNQM Business Layer errors after upgrading VNQM to 4.2.4 when NPM 12 came out.

If you're seeing errors in the logs like below, you might need to clear the VoipJobInfo table:

2016-06-22 15:32:47,985 [Main] ERROR BusinessLayer.Plugin (null) - IP SLA Monitor service [SERVERNAME] failed to start.

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at SolarWinds.Orion.IpSla.BusinessLayer.ServiceMonitor.UpdateEngines()

at SolarWinds.Orion.IpSla.BusinessLayer.ServiceMonitor.Start()

at SolarWinds.Orion.IpSla.BusinessLayer.VoipBusinessLayerPlugin.Start()

Instructions provided to me by support:

To resolve the issue, log in to the Orion server and run the steps below:

1. Stop all Orion services using Orion Service Manager

2. Open Database Manager

3. Expand the database and then right-click on the Orion database.

4. Enter the query below on the box:

Delete from voipjobinfo table

5. Click Execute query.

6. Restart all Orion services

1 of 1 people found this helpful