1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 3:17 PM by casey.carson

Need Help with Active Alert Report

casey.carson

I am fairly new to Solarwinds and have had no formal training. I have been figuring things out by watching videos and reading articles/message boards. I took over the solarwinds environment at my job here. I need to create a report that I can email daily with all of my active alerts. I tried the canned report, but it does not give all of the information that has been requested. My current report has the following information:

Name - Alert Name

Caption - Device That Triggered Alert

Active Time

Triggered Date/Time

Acknowledged Date/Time

Acknowledged Note

This would be all of the information that I need, except that Acknowledged Note has nothing showing up. I think the actual field needs to be Alert Note. The second problem is that they only want to see Critical alerts on this report, and I do not see a way to filter that information out. I am trying to use the Web Based Report tool and the current report is a custom SQL which is this:

SELECT DISTINCT

AlertActive.AlertActiveID, AlertObjects.AlertObjectID, AlertConfigurations.Name, AlertConfigurations.Severity, AlertConfigurations.ObjectType,

AlertObjects.EntityUri, AlertObjects.EntityType, AlertObjects.EntityCaption,

AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime, AlertObjects.LastTriggeredDateTime, AlertActive.TriggeredMessage AS Message,

AlertActive.AcknowledgedDateTime, AlertActive.Acknowledged AS Acknowledged, AlertActive.AcknowledgedBy, AlertActive.AcknowledgedNote,

Case

When Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) +0.0)/86400))+'d '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600))+'h '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

When Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600))+'h '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

When Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

Else ''

End AS ActiveTime

FROM Orion.AlertObjects (nolock=true) AlertObjects

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertActive (nolock=true) AlertActive ON AlertObjects.AlertObjectID=AlertActive.AlertObjectID

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertConfigurations (nolock=true) AlertConfigurations ON AlertConfigurations.AlertID=AlertObjects.AlertID

Order By AlertConfigurations.Name, AlertObjects.EntityCaption

Any help with parameters for this report would be greatly appreciated!!

Casey

• Re: Need Help with Active Alert Report
          casey.carson

We were able to work with Solarwinds to locate the correct table to pull this information from. The query now looks like this:

SELECT DISTINCT

AlertActive.AlertActiveID, AlertObjects.AlertObjectID, AlertConfigurations.Name, AlertConfigurations.Severity, AlertConfigurations.ObjectType,

AlertObjects.EntityUri, AlertObjects.EntityType, AlertObjects.EntityCaption,

AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime, AlertObjects.LastTriggeredDateTime, AlertActive.TriggeredMessage AS Message,

AlertActive.AcknowledgedDateTime, AlertActive.Acknowledged AS Acknowledged, AlertActive.AcknowledgedBy, AlertActive.AcknowledgedNote, AlertObjects.AlertNote,

Case

When Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) +0.0)/86400))+'d '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600))+'h '+

When Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600))+'h '+

When Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

Else ''

End AS ActiveTime

FROM Orion.AlertObjects (nolock=true) AlertObjects

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertActive (nolock=true) AlertActive ON AlertObjects.AlertObjectID=AlertActive.AlertObjectID

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertConfigurations (nolock=true) AlertConfigurations ON AlertConfigurations.AlertID=AlertObjects.AlertID

Order By AlertConfigurations.Name, AlertObjects.EntityCaption