4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 3:03 PM by mandevil

CUSTOM SQL ALERT - MULTIPLE NUMERIC RETURN not sending email out

chinesinho

Hi there!

So I have a custom sql alert that returns multiple numeric values.  The alert works fine (as I'm able to see that it's grabbing the correct values & showing up under the correct alert levels based on my definition in Ignite); however, I'm not receiving any emails.  Can someone shed some light please?

Thanks!

• Re: CUSTOM SQL ALERT - MULTIPLE NUMERIC RETURN not sending email out
          gcp

Assuming you have already configured and tested the Mail Server settings (you have, right?), then check the DPA logs (Support -> Web Client Log File I think) for error messages.

Also check your Junk mail and Spam folders just in case?

mandevil

If you are running the latest version, there was an SMTP issue introduced.

Here is a fix IF you are running DPA 10.2.573...

1. Navigate to <install_dir>\iwc\tomcat\webapps\iwc\WEB-INF\classes\spring\iwc-service.xml
            2. Line 355 should contain following"<ref bean="gmailMailServer"/>"This line needs to be deleted.
            3. Restart DPAAfter they do this changes the emails should be working again.
                m60freeman

Is this a problem resulting from upgrading to 10.2? I just tried to send an email from the Deadlocks page for the first time and got this:

Send Email

An error occurred trying to send the message.
                This could be caused by an SMTP configuration problem. Open
                {Install Directory}/iwc/tomcat/ignite_config/iwc/properties/mail.properties
                file and update the mail server information.

I get a more detailed (but less helpful message) when trying to send an email from the Top SQL page:

Send Email

DPA was unable to send the message due to the following error: com.confio.iwc.mail.exceptions.MailException: Error sending mail: org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1; message exceptions (1) are: Failed message 1: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1. Check the DPA Web Client logs for more details.

Prior to 10.2 I was using the default SolarWinds SMTP (and it should still be set that way).