This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CUSTOM SQL ALERT - MULTIPLE NUMERIC RETURN not sending email out

Hi there!

So I have a custom sql alert that returns multiple numeric values.  The alert works fine (as I'm able to see that it's grabbing the correct values & showing up under the correct alert levels based on my definition in Ignite); however, I'm not receiving any emails.  Can someone shed some light please?

Thanks!

• Assuming you have already configured and tested the Mail Server settings (you have, right?), then check the DPA logs (Support -> Web Client Log File I think) for error messages.

Also check your Junk mail and Spam folders just in case?

• If you are running the latest version, there was an SMTP issue introduced.

Here is a fix IF you are running DPA 10.2.573...

1. Navigate to <install_dir>\iwc\tomcat\webapps\iwc\WEB-INF\classes\spring\iwc-service.xml
    2. Line 355 should contain following"<ref bean="gmailMailServer"/>"This line needs to be deleted.
    3. Restart DPAAfter they do this changes the emails should be working again.
  • Is this a problem resulting from upgrading to 10.2? I just tried to send an email from the Deadlocks page for the first time and got this:

Send Email

An error occurred trying to send the message.
    This could be caused by an SMTP configuration problem. Open
    {Install Directory}/iwc/tomcat/ignite_config/iwc/properties/mail.properties
    file and update the mail server information.

I get a more detailed (but less helpful message) when trying to send an email from the Top SQL page:

Send Email

DPA was unable to send the message due to the following error: com.confio.iwc.mail.exceptions.MailException: Error sending mail: org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1; message exceptions (1) are: Failed message 1: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1. Check the DPA Web Client logs for more details.

Prior to 10.2 I was using the default SolarWinds SMTP (and it should still be set that way).

• It very well could be - we're working on a patch, but in the mean time, save a copy of the file, make the edits and see if that gets email working again.