0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 6:30 PM by daneruyle

Migrating NPM + NCM to a New Server and Subnet

daneruyle

Hi,

We use NPM and NCM on one server where we have Syslog, SNMP Traps, and Polling Engine, Website, etc services running from.

We are migrating to a new network.

We are migrating to new servers on this new network.

The SQL server for NPM / NCM is running on a separate server (already been migrated).

-Virtually every device in the enterprise points to the old NPM server for either SNMP Trap, Syslog, or both.  It will take some time to update all of these devices.-

Anything I am missing?  Like Universal Device Pollers?

Questions:

Can I simply download the latest NPM and install it on the new network and new server, enabling Polling Engine, SNMP Traps, Syslog without encountering a license issue?

Assuming I will have some sort of license issue running a second sever during this lengthy migration process of updating all devices in the enterprise, what is a recommended solution to help me get through this?

Will installing NPM and NCM on the new server pick up the already monitored / backed up devices since it will point to the same DB server?

I think the critical license pieces are the Polling Engine..   Perhaps running syslog and trap logger does not check or need a license so therefore, I may not have a problem migrating, simply leave Syslog and Trap logger running on old server, while moving the polling engine to the new network and server?

Thanks!