0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2016 5:00 PM by cole

NTA 4.2 Fails to Install

cole

I opened up a case with Solarwinds support 3 hours ago - and haven't heard anything yet. Today I upgraded NPM to 12.0 and now trying to upgrade NTA to 4.2. I setup the new NetFlow Storage Server and performed the install of NTA on the server NPM is on. However, trying to use the Configuration Wizard I get:

Error while executing script- Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'AppID', table 'NetPerfMon.dbo.NetFlowDefaultApps'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

Error while executing script- Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'AppID', table 'NetPerfMon.dbo.NetFlowDefaultAppPorts'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

I tried to manually select Allow Nulls under the database table on our SQL server after going to Tools > Options > Table and Database Designers and unchecking Prevent saving changes that require table re-creation with no luck. They end up becoming unchecked then the install fails. Not sure if anyone ran into this and has some insight why it might be happening.