This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding an OID to an existing poller

I can't believe I can't figure this out as it should be pretty obvious, I would think, but sometimes my brain just doesn't work.

We imported a custom poller from the community (Josh Krenzien's APC UPS) and it's working as advertised. What I'd like to do at this point is add one more OID for it to monitor; the Time Remaining. SolarWinds recognizes the OID if I build my own poller, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to edit it into the one we imported. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

• I'm not 100% sure what you mean as each OID stands independently as it's own poller.  If you are talking about adding it to a group of pollers you can do that on the main edit page for a poller:

pastedImage_0.png

• The grouping suggested by blsanner will pay off with reporting.  You can show results from the related pollers in one place without needing to invent the SQL magic to do so via poller group functionality.

• Well I feel dumb - understand that I'm new to all this.

When I go into Manage Pollers in the Web interface it seems as if I can only assign one poller to my node. So if I'm using the APC UPS poller already but I also want to query for time remaining, I can (and did) create another poller that seems to pull that OID. But if I select that poller, the old one is no longer assigned to the node. So what am I missing?