1. What industry is your company in?
- Public Education
2. How large is your IT shop? (Small (1-250 elements); Medium (251 – 2000 elements); Large (2001 to 10000 elements); Extra-large (greater than 10,000 elements)
- Large (3,000+ elements)
3. Which SolarWinds product are you writing this review for?
4. What problem were you trying to solve when you purchased?
- We needed to get rid of SCOM. It did not scale to our environment or our manpower.
5. Did you consider options other than SolarWinds? Who?
- Yes, we looked at Zenoss, PRTG, ManageEngine, and WhatsUp.
6. How are you using the product and what benefits have you seen?
- The way SAM ties into our NPM environment gives us visibility that we never intended to have, but in a good way. Being able to monitor services, events, connection strings, web pages, TCP ports, and application performance counters has been a major step forward in keeping various apps running smoothly. We are working toward having "appstack" visibility between NPM, VMAM, SAM, and DPA for all of our major applications and services. The AppInsight tools are a powerful set of metrics that help us identify problems in an instant.