This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Syslog Viewer accept TCP data?

FormerMember
FormerMember

I found this thread: Syslog Service TCP Listening

Has the syslog viewer been updated since then?  I found in the advanced config that there is a TCP listen port of 1468.

I have equipment that requires TCP data to be sent on port 1468. I have the equipment configured to send the data, but I am not seeing any activity on the syslog viewer.

Does this require any specific programming to the syslog viewer?

Thanks.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Found the answer.  There is an easy syslog tester made by Kiwi. Downloads "Kiwi SyslogGen"

I was able to send TCP traps to the Syslog Viewer and they worked.  I will contact the vendor to find out why our equipment is not sending messages.

• Hi,

Can you clarify: did you find advanced config from SolarWinds Syslog service?

I would like to get TCP syslog messages also to Syslog service, because I would not like to spend money on additional Syslog service which supports TCP.