1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 24, 2017 9:17 AM by nowell

Dashboard is blank

wmorrill

Installed, setup several systems with WMI polling and nothing shows.

No errors, but the dash board is completely blank.

Uninstall / Reinstalled. Even tried monitoring localhost with local admin.

Local Win 10 x64, polling a variety of 2012, 2008, Win 8.1 and Win10 machines.

Any suggestions?

• Re: Dashboard is blank
          nowell

I am having the same issue, but mine will also crash if I put my mouse over the tray icon after I get the blank screen. I am getting a .NET error in event viewer also. This is on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit PC. I did a clean boot with all non-Microsoft services disabled and all non-Microsoft programs disabled at boot. That made no change. I also booted into safe mode with networking with no change.

It was when I booted into safe mode (without networking) that something changed. I could then see the dashboard, but of course I could not connect to a server. So I was thinking a network-related .NET service or my NIC driver. I installed a new NIC just to see and that did not help.

So it may be related to an update in Windows, too, but I haven't tried to remove any recent ones and I just now installed Server Health Monitor on this PC for the first time. I ran the .NET verifier that you can find on the web and it checked out.

blank.png

Here are the errors that only pop up if I put my mouse over the tray icon:

errors.png

Errors in event viewer. The first one that happens is the .NET error and then the Server Health Monitor crash error:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        .NET Runtime

Date:          3/24/2017 9:32:43 AM

Event ID:      1026

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      MyComputer

Description:

Application: ServerHealthMonitor.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException

at AntMan.Controls.Views.Dashboard.DashboardControl.<NotifyCriticalNodeDetails>b__2(AntMan.DataLayer.Models.ServerStatusDetail)

at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectListIterator`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.__Canon>)

at AntMan.Controls.Views.Dashboard.DashboardControl.NotifyCriticalNodeDetails()

at AntMan.MainWindow.CtrlAlertNotification_TrayMouseMove(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)

at AntMan.NotifyIcon.Helpers.RoutedEventHelper.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)

at AntMan.NotifyIcon.TaskbarIcon.RaiseTrayMouseMoveEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject)

at AntMan.NotifyIcon.TaskbarIcon.OnMouseEvent(AntMan.Win32Interop.MouseEvent)

at AntMan.Win32Interop.WindowMessageSink.ProcessWindowMessage(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)

at AntMan.Win32Interop.WindowMessageSink.OnWindowMessageReceived(IntPtr, UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          3/24/2017 9:32:44 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      MyComputer

Description:

Faulting application name: ServerHealthMonitor.exe, version: 1.0.0.333, time stamp: 0x562f3bc4

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x11a982a0

Faulting process id: 0x2a44

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2a4a2d62d7a63

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\ServerHealthMonitorTool\ServerHealthMonitor.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: ab80dc0f-7b31-4a6e-825a-8659b5e69f62

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

If I figure anything out, I will surely post the results. Is anyone else starting to now have this problem again?