5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2016 2:19 PM by dang

Report showing computers without specific software

dbetlow

There seems to be a lot of questions, but no answers in this community.  Not overly optimistic anyone will respond, let alone answer, but here goes.

Is it possible to run a report to show computers that don't have AV installed?

I can run a report that shows the computers that do have it.  Is it possible to edit the SQL directly?

• Re: Report showing computers without specific software
          frgpugs

Its definitely possible via WMI and powershell.  Spiceworks definitely has the ability to do it.  Patch Manager may be able to but its pretty complicated to navigate the insane web of what to choose and what section to choose it from. 

If it helps, this WMI call will give you the data if AV is installed and give you a txt file on your desktop, you just have to get that run on whichever PCs you want

wmic /namespace:"\\root\SecurityCenter2" path AntiVirusProduct get * > %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\av.log

dang

Actually looks like you can do this with the embedded reports.  Reporting--->Configuration management Reports ---> Files,Directories, and Storage devices----> Files Basic report, right click and edit for what you are needing.

dbetlow

What should that report look like without any customization?  I see 1 row per device, but the name, drive, path, 8.3 filename, and directory columns are all blank.  I tried a couple different filters but nothing is returned.

dang

dbetlow:  When I run the standard report, I get a list of the following:  domain, computer name, name (directory) which is blank, drive (directory) which is also blank, path (directory) blank, etc...etc...

I would edit the directory report, and then add what directory you are looking for, to see if it exists.  When you run the report, you'll get everything that patch manager knows about, you'll just filter after it's run, to show the computers that don't have the directory. 

Or you could edit the files basic report so you look for a specific file.

Hope that helps