4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 9:48 AM by fletchj2

Bandwidth Utilization Report

fletchj2

I am trying to run a report on all of my WAN interfaces that will show when bandwidth hits 80% of capacity. So, my T1 has bandwidth of 1.5Mbps, I'd like to be able to show that in the report and also when 80% of that is sent or received. We use NPM 12.

I've been trying to work with the stock report 'Interfaces' and I've tweaked the reporting columns a little bit. See attachment.

This still isn't anything close to what I want to see. Has anyone had any luck getting these kinds of reports run in the past?

Thanks,

• Re: Bandwidth Utilization Report
          rschroeder

Could you use a view that shows the graphed utilization of your WAN interfaces?  If so, you could follow these instructions, selecting only your WAN interfaces:

How to create a simple custom view of multiple interfaces' bandwidth utilization

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            fletchj2

rschroeder, this is some good information. However, I'm afraid I still need a report. I've included the top most of another stock report that I customized a little bit. However, the figures it reports are not accurate. So, I'm not sure what is happening with this one.

Capture2.PNG

The TX bw column is supposed to show interface/circuit capacity. Then the tx and rx utilization columns should show the percentage tx/rx respectively. But I'm finding the figures it is reporting are not correct.

rschroeder

Another resource (sorry, not a report) that you may find useful to customize is the Top X Interfaces by Percent Utilization.  You can filter on specific interfaces, to keep things useful.

But the Current Percent Utilization - Top 25 Interfaces is a report that may work for you:

Given it sorts by percent utilization from high to low, will it work for your needs?  It's manageable from the NPM server's local Report Writer application, which is pretty powerful for filtering and organizing and customizing.

1 of 1 people found this helpful